Saturday, February 14, 2009

Miscellaneous

I did not actually read ANY books this week! I did read many, many issues of the International Journal of Childbirth Education--I bought a big binder of back issues used last year and then didn't read them. I finally decided to go ahead and finish them all. I'm learning lots of good things and blogging about some them at ICEA.

Today is the 11th anniversary of when my husband proposed :) In honor of Valentine's Day I wanted to share a link to a wonderful essay written by a father in New Beginnings magazine. It is called the Origin of Love and it makes me tear up every time I read it.

Now, some Zen quotes:

What, at this moment, is lacking?
--lin-chi

Silence is the great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence.
--Deepak Chopra


I don't feel like I have a lot of room in my life right now for inner silence. :(

Another good one:

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?"
--Kahlil Gibran

No comments: