Monday, May 28, 2007

The Yarn Harlot...

I confess to having taken another detour from my Buddhism book to briefly visit The Land of Knitting via Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off, another cute and funny book from The Yarn Harlot. I got my mom this book for her birthday and then borrowed it when she finished. It was a swift and amusing read, even though I haven't knitted anything for over a year (and before that, only little doll scarves) and do not consider myself a Knitter. Her books make me so want to knit though! I've kind of given up on most crafts until my kids are older, but The Land of Knitting sounds like such an enjoyable abode. Anyway, this book is a faux travel guide with sort of weird little illustrations and an odd layout to make it read like a travel book (but to Knitting instead of Montana). She has a knack for description and a flair for humor and the drama of the mundane. I really enjoyed this light little read (it was a nice break from Buddhism, I have to say...)

No comments: