Saturday, June 7, 2008

One World

From my Zen calendar (what did I do without this thing?!):

"There is only one world, the world pressing against you this minute."

--Storm Jameson

"The lesson that life reappears and constantly enforces is 'Look under foot.' You are always nearer to the divine and the true sources of your power than you think."

--John Burroughs

And a great one from Thoreau:

"I believe in the forest, and in the meadow, and in the night in which the corn grows."

The quote above is about real *magic* to me. My older son was asking questions about magic the other day and I told him that I think there is plenty of real life real magic in the world and he said, "yeah, like how babies grow!" After watching the Discovery Channel film referenced below, we had been talking about the tininess of cells and how they make up our body parts and how marvelous it is that each of us grew a heart that beats in this complex and orchestrated way that we can not really fathom or duplicate, and all of the potential that exists in each flower, vegetable, or tree seed, etc., etc.

No comments: