Saturday, January 31, 2009

Still more birth books...

Continuing my birth book extravaganza, this week I finished reading Childbirth without Fear. I posted quotes from it already here. I did want to share one more though:

"Is it surprising that, at a moment of such stupendous significance, the woman...should be rewarded by a sense of exaltation? A new life...should logically be heralded with pride and joy. In every newborn child there is new hope-—to every mother the people should give thanks." (emphasis mine)

I also finished evaluating Pushed, which I've read once before. I'm going to get to hear the author, Jennifer Block, speak in person on Feb. 10, which is super exciting to me!

Finally, I finished reading Creating a Joyful Birth Experience. I really hoped to find some new birth art ideas for birth classes in this, but I didn't get as much out of it as I had hoped. There was a lot of emphasis on "inner child" work, which is not something that I connect with and also seemed to have been a fad that has since passed (this book was written in 1994).

Out of time for blogging!

No comments: