Saturday, December 23, 2006

At Knit's End

A few days ago, I finished a cute little book called At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much. My mom lent it to me and I now have renewed appreciation of her lovely gifts of hand knit socks :-) Before, I didn't really understand why she was a bit agitated when I neglected to wear slippers with the socks, now I get it better! I also feel like knitting something...

Back to the book though--It is a "meditation of the day" style of book. Each is one short page (a couple span two) that opens with a carefully slected quote, then a short application to knitting, and closing with a meditation/affirmation/thought for the day type of thing. Anyway, it is SO cute, funny, and TRUE! I loved it (I don't even consider myself a knitter--I think many people would enjoy the book, regardless of their knit-commitment). The quotes she chose to open each page were gems and her own thoughts were pretty great as well. I intended to copy some of the quotes I liked so much here, but my baby is fussing and I need to get him instead of typing!

No comments: