Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Wise Mom

Last night, I also read the most recent issue of The Wise Mom, the newsletter of the Holistic Moms Network (of which I am an unchaptered member). It made me think again about starting a chapter in my area (instead of a chapter of Families for Natural Living, which is what I had decided on). HMN's newsletter is vibrant and full of life and news and makes me feel like, "this is an organization that is going somewhere!" FNL seems inactive and as if it might being shutting down. I feel like hitching my wagon to a more shiny star (please excuse the mangled analogy/metaphor/whatever). There was an article in The Wise Mom called Moms Making a Difference, that led me to ponder where I might be able to volunteer with a baby and 3 year old in tow. Food pantry maybe? I miss the connected volunteerism that used to be such a large part of my life. I have LLL now, but I am such a "lone agent" here--in several ways I like going in to work at an organization better than *being* the organization on my own!

No comments: