Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pathways to the Spirit

Yesterday I finished reading Pathways to the Spirit: 100 Ways to Bring the Sacred to Daily Life. It was a small book and a quick read and was also inspiring in many ways. It has no particular religious affiliation and does a nice job blending together various elements from different traditions without ever being offensive and/or exclusive. My problem is that I rarely actually implement the fabulous spiritual insights I have when reading and then have to read new books that basically say the same thing--and I think, "yeah, yeah! I should DO that!" etc. etc. Examples include: daily meditation, creating a sacred space in your home, yoga, prayer, gratitude journal, etc. I maintained a daily yoga practice since 2002, but lost my groove after my second baby was born in May and have not managed to get back into the routine of my daily practice. I seriously miss it. However, I somehow mange to, say, check my email each day, so, why not yoga?! Maybe I need to straighten out my priorities!

Back to the book, I loved the following verse she shared by Thich Nhat Hanh:

I have arrived.
I am home.
In the here.
In the now.
I am solid.
I am free.
In the ultimate
I dwell.

No comments: