Sunday, December 17, 2006

Marie Claire

I confess to having read an issue of Marie Claire yesterday. It came in the mail a few days ago and I couldn't resist having a peek at what the non-simple folk are up to lately. I haven't read an issue since I was in college and acquiring this one was sort of unusual--I won a magazine subscription some time ago from taking a survey online. I chose "Budget Living" (ha ha! What a joke. Articles about things like, "how to buy a great couch for only $1000!"). After a while, Budget Living stopped coming and "Shop, Etc." started coming in its place (no comment on that one, except for how bizarre to think you could actually make a magazine like that as well as the irony of replacing a Budget Living subscription with a magazine that is actually one big series of magazine advertisements!) Anyway, no surprise, Shop, Etc. is now history and has been replaced with Marie Claire, apparently. I wonder how long they will keep changing and/or coming to me?

No comments: