Sunday, March 25, 2007

Unholy Ghost

This weekend, I finished reading Unholy Ghost: Writers on Depression. I bought it at the JC library book sale and I think I read it to see if any of it sounded familiar ;-) Luckily, it didn't really. Though I have my ups and downs and sometimes my downs feel more extreme than "normal," I am no where even close to incapacitated by melancholy, as are some of the writers in this anthology. I did identify with a few comments some made about a sense of depersonalization--sort of like I don't feel real sometimes. I notice this feeling most often when I've been home alone all day with the kids--maybe it is because there is no peer to "reflect" off of? I never feel that way when I'm alone (which is so rarely nowadays!) or when I'm with M *and* the kids. Well, maybe I do occasionally have a disembodied sort of feeling--like I'm outside myself looking at our family--when we're together, but I always feel like a real person when there is another adult person around....

Okay, it is late and I sound a little nuts....

No comments: